02 May 2014
Deluxe T&T - OK, I'll Stop Complaining
However, the nice chaps at FBI (or whomever is driving this KS) keep sending us all kinds of freebies to keep us backers content. And, man, was the latest freebie simply astonishingly fantastic: Adventurers Compendium, a 92-page compendium of material from the Golden Age of Tunnels & Trolls, when the Sorcerer's Apprentice was the best frp magazine around, period. SA ran from 1978 to 1983.
So what does this beauty contain?
It starts with a gallery of all the SA covers, along with the names of the artists. Alas, I miss issues 1 to 4, so it's nice to see the reproduction of the covers in full colour (even if they are small).
This is followed by a short intro by Ken St André, then by a two-page Random Treasure Generator, again by Ken St André, which is very simple (monetary + weapons) but deliciously Old School in flavour.
Then follow 10 solo adventures and 3 GM adventures from SA that have been re-statted to render them compatible with the upcoming Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls [which looks like it will be fairly similar to the latest French edition], and the paragraph links work within the PDF. This is so cool. The adventures are:
- Kingmaker (solo) by Michael Stackpole from SA issue No.1
- Seven Ayes (solo) by Ken St André from SA issue No.2
- Golden Dust, Red Death (solo) by Michael Stackpole from SA issue No.4
- A Sworded Adventure (solo) by Ken St André from SA issue No.5
- Stop Thief (solo) by Michael Stackpole from SA issue No.7
- Thief For Hire (solo) by Robert B Schofield from SA issue No.12
- The Legend of The... (humorous solo) by Liz Danforth from SA issue No.13
- First Command (solo) by Ken St André from SA issue No.15
- Hot Pursuit (solo) by Michael Stackpole from SA issue No.16
- Circle of Ice (solo) by Paul Creelman, not from SA
- Sea Reaver's Tomb (GM) by Liz Danforth from SA issue No.3
- The Tomb of Axton (GM) by Ryan O'Connor from SA issue No.9/10
- The Black Dragon Tavern (GM) by Michael Stackpole from SA issue No.11
So, for those of you who aren't backers... Go and buy it now!!!