10 October 2006
A Mongoose RQ Wiki has been especially created for this particular incarnation of the RQ rules. According to its creator, everybody is 'free to use it to post [their] house rules, NPCs, monsters, spells, legendary abilites, whatever'. The MRQ Wiki also hosts a formatted version of the Mongoose RQ SRD for easy reference.
03 October 2006
The free downloads page on Mongoose's web-site has a host of new MRQ previews!
- Arms & Equipment - This looks somewhat interesting: new armour, riding beasts, black powder weapons, etc.; however, frankly, this is the kind of stuff that I would've expected in the main rulebook.
- Cults of Glorantha Book One - Second Age Gloranthan cults. In two books. 'Nuff said!
- Glorantha The Second Age - The title says it all. Cultures, races, places of Second Age Glorantha.
- Legendary Heroes - This looks completely naff: legendary abilities, legendary artefacts... Mongoose are a company specialised in d20 supplements, and fuck does it show.
- Magic of Glorantha - Actually there aren't any previews for this one. The description says this book will feature the magic systems of the God Learners and of the EWF. A dream come true for all us Glorantha buffs.
- RuneQuest Companion - Divine magic, sorcery, spirit combat, ships, temples... Looks brilliant but, again, this is the kind of stuff that I would've expected in the core rulebook, not in a supplement!
- RuneQuest Monsters - Gloranthan monsters, and rules for creating fully-fledged nonhuman characters. Again, it should've been in the main rulebook.