Anyway, since I'm reading Carcosa and recovering from the last game session at the same time, I have these weird ideas materialising in my feverish brain about using Carcosa for a Second Age weird fantasy campaign at the centre of Glorantha. Right... Carcosa = Teleos. The size of the map is right. The dinosaurs are right. The cannibals are right.
Here are the correspondences that have popped up in my head:
- Carcosa = (Second Age) Teleos
- Dinosaurs = Dinosaurs
- Snake-Men = Dragonewts
- Aliens = God Learners
- Alien technology = Zistorite technology
- 13 different coloured human tribes = either decide that there used to be 13 tribes in the Second Age before their number was reduced to 7 in the Third Age; OR make the 6 extra tribes sub-tribes of the 7 canonical ones... Obviously the Bone Men from Carcosa are the White Men from Teleos.
- Sorcery = God Learner sorcery
- Old Ones = this is the only correspondence I'm struggling with... Maybe some forgotten myths unearthed by the God Learners?